Johnny Maestro Has Died At Age 70!

Post your stories, histories, questions and answers about anything music related! Turn it up!

Johnny Maestro Has Died At Age 70!

Postby Matt The Cat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:56 am

Dion DiMucci has posted that our friend Johnny Maestro has passed on. He was an incredible singer and a great talent. I'll never forget sitting in my little apartment in the North End of Boston during the summer of 1995 and hearing Johnny Maestro's voice echo off the buildings. I went outside and he was singing on a bandstand across from my building. It was an Italian Feast and I just stood there and listened. I got to interview him ten years later. RIP Johnny Maestro. Doo Wop will never be the same.

-MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Re: Johnny Maestro Has Died At Age 70!

Postby Yum Yum » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:14 am

The Worst That Can Happen Happened !! The Angels Are Listening to Johnny now !! RIP you were some talent and had one of the best voices of Rock n Roll !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Re: Johnny Maestro Has Died At Age 70!

Postby BFSD » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 pm

I got to see Johnny and The Crests in 1960 in Philadelphia. I remember how shy he seemed to be. I got to sit in the kitchen of the Fire Hall in Waverly N.Y. and talk to Johnny in 1984 at a fund raiser that he and the Brooklyn Bridge did. He just was so down to earth and did not seem to want a lot of attention. There were only about 100 people there but he put on a wonderful show. We had him several times at The Doo Wop Society in Long Beach. I think over the years that I was fortunate to see Johnny nine or ten times. But the best time was that little Fire Hall in Waverly N.Y.
He will really be missed by all true Music Lovers.
BFSD

Return to The Music