Every now and then...

Post your stories, histories, questions and answers about anything music related! Turn it up!

Every now and then...

Postby RichZ » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:57 pm

I get lost in a productivity eliminating time warp, trying to research some obscure item, just for the sake of knowing the answer to something I'm interested in.

Today (well, make that the past week or so) the topic is teardrops. A million of them, actually. Not the Conway Twitty song of that name (A Million Teardrops), but the late '50s release on Dee Cal (or is it Dee & Cal) by "Billy Beasely". It's obviously a group sound, rather than a single artist. Actually, it sounds like a duet lead with a baritone/1st tenor backup group. Anyone know who the group on the record is? And did they do anything else? Dee-Cal was, to the best of my research abilities, a Chicago based label in the late '50s or early '60s.

I remember seeing something not too long ago -- I'm pretty sure it was on the bebop wino blog, -- that mentioned a Bill Beasley in connection with the Serenaders. But I can't find any such reference in the couple Serenaders bios I can find.

I remember dancing to this song with a girl I was absolutely nuts about in the early 60s, and a local group in Bridgeport, CT did a version of it at a record hop I remember that I would put in 1962 or thereabouts. But after High School, the next time I heard it, it might have been on the Night Prowl show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXJK7dP6Wlc&feature=related
Last edited by RichZ on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
RichZ

Re: Every now and then...

Postby Matt The Cat » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:20 am

Aaaaaah, now that's a record.

-MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Re: Every now and then...

Postby BFSD » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:14 pm

I am not positive but isn't that an Eddie Cochran song with Eddie playing guitar?
BFSD

Return to The Music