TV

Post all your general topics here. Talk about your hot rod, your boat, your vacation, your new puppy or anything you want.

Re: TV

Postby Yum Yum » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Dancing With The Stars is by far the most entertaining show on TV !! And if you disagree i wouldnt understand why? But as they say in Brooklyn SAUSAGE HIS OWN !!! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Matt The Cat » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:24 am

Cross Country Kelly and I have become OBSESSED with "Mad Men". We've rented Seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 is currently on AMC, but we can't watch it until we catch up on the previous seasons. If you haven't seen it, you MUST! It's based at a Madison Ave. advertising agency in the early 1960s. The writing and acting are SUPERB, but the music, cars, fashion and look are the icing on the cake. The stories have dark undertones and each episode reveals a little bit more about the past of Don Draper, the main character AND the future of Peggy, a female copy writer in the almost all male world of advertising. It's sharp, sexy, interesting, moving and just all around groovy. "Mad Men" is the best thing on TV since "The Sopranos".

-MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby N. Schell » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:43 pm

I enjoy Mad Men too, but really can't explain what the attraction is. It is a strange show. Being the age of the children portrayed on that show, I can relate to how their parents were. There is a dark side to be paid in 'making' it in America. It kind of reminds you why the Woodstock generation was born. Nick from MN
Nick from MN
N. Schell

Postby Matt The Cat » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:29 am

Very well put, Nick.

-MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby StL Rob » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:31 pm

In the past few weeks I've made it through nearly all of seasons 1 & 2 of Mad Men. That is truly an amazing show. I love stories, the development of the characters and factually true stories. I looked the American Airlines accident up and the existence of Mohawk Airlines. Being a Missouri boy and of my age, Mohawk airlines would not have been anything I ever experienced or heard of. I did look them up and checked out some pics of their old airplanes (prop and jet planes).

I don't know how long this thing will continue but I'll enjoy as long as it goes.

As an added kick: Jon Hamm is from St. Louis and recently filmed the commercial (like below) for the Blues hockey team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,194791
StL Rob

Postby Yum Yum » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:03 pm

Who cares that Conan and Jay and Fallon are fighting it out for late night TV they are no Steve Allen nor Johnny Carson or even Jack Parr !! So now i go to sleep a little earlier and wake up a little earlier and all the late night talk shows including pompous David Letterman have made me happier and heathier not watching the garbage that they put on and call it funny and hip !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby BFSD » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:35 pm

I agree, I still miss Steve Allen. He was the best. When he left I was going to quit but I watched Jack Parr and learned. He was not as good as Steve but he was different. When Parr left I left for a while but my brother said that this Carson guy was pretty good so I took a look. He wasn't Steve but he was good. When Johnny left I watched for about two months of Leno and that was enough. When I look back on it now Steve was to TV what Matt was to XM. The Top Banana.
BFSD

Postby mdutch » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:01 pm

My favorite "Late Night" quote was Letterman about mid-way through the week referring to the obsession with the feud.
"Aren't you all just tired of listening to this?...
... Me neither."

Mad Men is a must-see. I'm in such withdrawal with Sopranos over and Mad Men in hiatus, I'm playing stuff like Rosemary Clooney's "Come on-a My House" and drinking Manhattans, just to stay in the groove.
mdutch

Postby Yum Yum » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Tiger Woods Olympics Obama in Vegas ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !! Another great TV night ! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Dancing With The Stars is in my opinion a good night of TV !! It has Show Biz all over it !Beautiful Women and some Comedy and its fun to see Celebs who cant dance thinking they can ! The winner this season will be the lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls good looking and she could move it and groove it !! So for me TV is Monday Night at 8 and Tuesday at 8 Eastern time !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:36 am

Getting into Chelsea Handler on E at 11.00 pm beats watching the depressing News !! She is very funny and a little risque !! So give her a try you wont be sorry !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Fri May 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Is it me that im Lost on Lost? I just cant understand all the hooey about that show !! Ive watched it in Bits and Pieces not gonna say what you thought i say but give me back shows like The Fugitive or NYPD Blue and that i can get excited about!! TV is nowadays like a 42inch Nite Light !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby BFSD » Sun May 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Yum Yum I know what you are talking about. A friend of mine just went on and on about this Lost show. She talked me into watching it for a couple of weeks. It was a waste of time. I watch very little TV. NCIS is a must, but after that I don't get the rest. RFD has some good shows on Saturday Night and then the Discovery Channel and History but thats it. Give me my record player and Ipod. Listening to otr.net on the computer is great also.
BFSD

Postby Yum Yum » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:25 pm

Just had a Some Enchanted Evening on PBS watched South Pacific and it's by far the best thing i have watched this year !! Great story !! Great Songs !! 40 years ago when i was in my Groovy days Some Enchanting Evenings meant entirely different things to me but it's all good !! If it repeats watch it and enjoy Rodgers & Hammerstein at their best !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Waiting for Boardwalk Empire on HBO !! Look's like a winner !! HBO Did right with The Soprano's so i hope this is as good or better !! Sunday night it starts and my DVR will be going hot and heavy with Boardwalk and The Giants on Sunday Night Football !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics (Hot Rods etc)