Last movie you watched

Post all your general topics here. Talk about your hot rod, your boat, your vacation, your new puppy or anything you want.

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Yum Yum » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:28 pm

N. Schell its nice that i'm not the only one that goes to the movies and i agree Toy Story 3 is a winner !! Now here's another goodie Winter's Bone with a fine new actress Jennifer Lawrence it will be up there at Oscar time !! It's about life in the Ozarks and after seeing this movie remind me to stay clear of the Ozark Mountains it makes Deliverance a walk in the park !! A real fast paced different film and will play at Art house theatres not the 12 PLEXS !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Matt The Cat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Oooooh, I'm adding that to my Netflix queue right now.

I've been hearing good things about "Inception." Let me know if it's worth spending money I don't have to see it?

CCK and I haven't been to the movies since Feb when we saw "Shutter Island." It's not just the money issue, but there's also not been any movies out that I care to see. I hope that changes soon.

MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby Yum Yum » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:20 pm

I who never walk out of a movie walked out of Inception and would do it again !! The reviews were exceptional but for me who has been going to movies for over 60 years can honestly say i could not understand this film and after trying to get into this so called Sci Fi movie i said goodbye !! In my mind and i know movies this will go down in my mind as one of the most overated films of this or any other year and that's being kind !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:18 pm

What good is a movie Salt ? without a little Pepper !! A big Bore !! It's a standard Hollywood movie that thinks the audience will go along with the make believe action and think that stuff like that can really happen !! I don't think so !! But the only redeming feature in the film is Angelina Jolie a Yum Yum favorite !! So if you like a good looking woman in a black wig see Salt or stay home and put some Salt on your French Fries !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Well i have just scene the best movie so far this year The Kids Are All Right with Julianne Moore Annette Bening also Mark Ruffalo ! A real crowd pleaser about two lesbian parents bringing up two kids and the fun that ensues !! Go see it you will enjoy it so much and you will say how come they don't make movies like they used too !! This is a movie like they used too!! Best Movie of 2010 in Aug. !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:13 pm

Eat pray love SLEEP !!! BOY WHAT A BOMB !! Julia Roberts it's time to say good bye a real leader for worst film of the year !! A sleepy Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:22 pm

From one American to another American see The American with George Clooney his best role ever !! The film is like a Film Noir of this time period very low key but very exciting and will be up there at award season !! The actress who plays his girlfriend is the best looking Pisan since Sophia Loren !! The American is one of the best of 2010 !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:10 pm

The Town is now the movie of the year !! Ben Affleck stars and directsthis Boston based film about bank jobs !! Great Fenway Park Scenes and Boston location sites !! It will be up at Oscar time for Acting and Best Director !! A good Movie !! Go See It !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Conviction with Hillary Swank Is A Winner !! Watch For It At Oscar Time !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby BFSD » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Well, I am not much of a movie goer, but in the last week I went to two movies. The King's Speach is just wonderful. It is not getting a lot of press here but itis really good.
I also saw True Grit. I did not think that anyone could redo a movie from the John Wayne collection. This is really great. I am a Western Movie Lover and this one didn't disappoint me. The story is really better than the John Wayne movie and more true to the book.
These are really good movies.
BFSD

Postby Matt The Cat » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:05 am

What happened to Roman Polanski? We just rented "The Ghost Writer" and were very underwhelmed. The film was just OK, but man did the story and script need tweaking.

-MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby Yum Yum » Sun May 08, 2011 4:48 pm

The Dilemma Vince Vaughn Or Should I Say Vince Yawn A Real Stinkeroo !! Good Cast With Jennifer Connelly And Kevin James But A Waste Of Two Hours !! Bye For Now !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Matt The Cat » Mon May 09, 2011 6:41 am

Has Vince Vaughn made a really good movie since "Old School"? That is the question!
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby Yum Yum » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Bridesmaids YES The Hangover 2 NO !!!
Yum Yum

Postby Virginia » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Hey, Yum Yum what do you think of comparisons of the new and the old versions of True Grit, that is if you watch westerns. Virginia
Virginia

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics (Hot Rods etc)