Last movie you watched

Post all your general topics here. Talk about your hot rod, your boat, your vacation, your new puppy or anything you want.

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Yum Yum » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Tender Mercies with Robert Duvall was a good movie from 83 but Crazy Heart is by far a great movie !! St. Louie Rob and Matt you fabulous cat its almost the same story but Bridges doesnt marry the girl in this film and sings about 100 times better than Duvall !! It will win for Actor and Song and for me i hope so because the both deserve the Oscars !! P.S. the actress that played his wife in Tender Mercies is Tess Harper married to Ed Harris !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby RichZ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm pretty sure Duvall won the best actor Oscar for Tender Mercies. Now there's talk of Jeff Bridges winning it for Crazy Heart. I'm pretty sure I read last year that Duvall said he didn't think the movies were that similar, because in Mercies, he had a family, and in Crazy Heart, the lead role is a down and out, alcoholic loner. Haven't seen it yet, but will make it a point to. I like both Bridges and Duvall.
RichZ

Postby Yum Yum » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:59 pm

RichZ he did win the Oscar !! But at a charity affair in the early 80s which i had been invited to in Atlantic City i met him and other Celebs and him and the actor John Savage were not the nicest of the bunch !! Dabney Coleman was beautiful Bill Cosby was pleasant but when i posed for a picture with Duvall he was as moody as Pats river !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 pm

The Bounty Hunter with Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler was a waste of 6.00 thats the Senior price and even at that price it was a Dud A Roo !! I love Jennifer Aniston but her movies leave me wondering why i keep seeing everyone she makes ! Just watched on DVD the Big Fan about a weird New York Football Giant Fan and had elements of Taxi Driver and The King Of Comedy and that what makes it a fave of mine so far in 2010 !! But skip The Bounty Hunter or should i say Mutiny on The Bounty Hunter !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:46 pm

I have just seen the Worst movie so far this year and years past Hot Tub Time Machine GROSS VILE STUPID BORING NOT FUNNY and its a so called Comedy !1 It makes Couples Retreat look like Gone With The Wind !! I still cant believe i saw this piece of garbage !! APRIL 5TH will go down as me seeing one of the WORST films of my 64 year life !! A man who remembers good clean comedies like Animal House Back To School Caddyshack The Blues Brothers and on ands on !! Stay away from Hot Tub Time Machine A REAL PIECE OF You know what !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:43 pm

The best movie so far this year is the Roman Polanski film The Ghost Writer a real taut thriller with fine performances by Pierce Brosnan aka James Bond and a surprise good cameo by Sex In The City star Kim Cattrell !! A real good night at the movies Roman Polanski did a bad thing years ago but he sure could direct Chinatown and Rosemarys Baby among others now this The Ghost Writer is a winner !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:39 pm

One of the best movies of the 70s Bugsy Malone with a great Paul Williams soundtrack !! If you want a real fun movie with songs and comedy its this flick!! Its Jodie Forster and Scott Baio at the beginning of their fame! I have seen this film from 1976 about thirty to forty times and i cannot get enough of it for it always makes me happy and puts me in the days that i remember as good times and not the days that are happening now !! Bugsy Malone makes me a happy camper and i dont camp !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Tue May 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Well people the first movie of the summer season is a real waste of good popcorn and a Diet Coke and the movie is Iron Man 2 !! Except for Scarlett Johansson who is a Yum Yum fave and Mickey Rourke it is a DUD !! Robert Downey jr. phoned it in and Gwyneth Paltrow acted as if she did not want to be there !! Save your time and money for Iron Man 2 and pray they do not make Iron Man 3 !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Matt The Cat » Wed May 12, 2010 10:40 am

Last night, we finally saw "An Education." Not as good as I hoped it would be, but it was solid. The ending was terrible and phoned in, but Carrie Mulligan is a star and she carried the film. The story was good, up until the end. I give it 3 out of 5!

-MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby Yum Yum » Thu May 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Harry Brown with Micheal Caine is an outstanding flick !! He will be up there next year for a Best Actor nod !! Its like Death Wish with Charles Bronson but its more real and a lot better acting !! Emily Mortimer is fantastic and i say this film will be the Sleeper of the Summer !! Its movies like this that make up for the garbage of Iron Man 2 and all those stupid 3 D films !! Yum Yum See you in the Movies !! i like to sit center to the screen and i love it when the theatre is empty so when i eat the Popcorn and drink the soda i can make all the noise i want !!
Yum Yum

Postby StL Rob » Thu May 13, 2010 9:41 pm

I just watched Sherlock Holmes w/ Robert Downey Jr. and 'Waking Ned Devine' (Irish film w/ no big stars). I want to watch Holmes again. I enjoyed it but wasn't knocked out by it. Others seem to like it more so perhaps I wasn't in the right mood. Ned Devine is one trip of a movie.....kind of a dark comedy.
StL Rob

Postby Yum Yum » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:18 pm

A small indie film is a big hit in my eyes and its a Micheal Douglas Oscar caliber performance its Solitary Man !! It starts off with the song written by Neil Diamond and goes where Micheal Douglas hasnt gone since Wall Street ! A great acting job by Micheal also Danny Di Vito and Susan Sarandon !! If you guys are in !!late 50s or 60s you can relate big time to this film Matt that leaves you out on this !! Go see it this will be Oscar nominated next year a real surprise film !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:27 pm

Knight And Day you weren't the one !! A real dud !! Tom Cruise you lose !! Go out to the State Fair in New Jersey til July 5th instead and come say hello to me !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Toy Story 3 is the winner of the summer movie season !! A real cool treat on a hot summer night or day !! See in 3D or as i saw it in it's 2D version its a classic film for kids my age 65 or kids 10 years of age !! P.S. i will be at Cheeseburger Paradise on July 30th so come by and say hello to little old me !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby N. Schell » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Yum Yum, I'm glad you enjoyed Toy Story 3. I saw it too and give it a two thumbs up. Since its the first movie I've actually gone to in about three years, I'm glad I picked a winner. I am waiting for the season premier of Mad Men, which reminds me AMC has the old season marathon running tonight, which is good because I'm way too cheap to ever consider buying the DVDs. Nick in MN
Nick from MN
N. Schell

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics (Hot Rods etc)