Last movie you watched

Post all your general topics here. Talk about your hot rod, your boat, your vacation, your new puppy or anything you want.

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Matt The Cat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:56 am

Do you still have to wear the 3-D glasses?
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby Yum Yum » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:55 am

Yessssssssss!!! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Yum Yum » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:19 pm

Leap Year with Amy Adams is a good movie !! It was killed by the critics but they dont always get it right !! Nice movie for a cold winters day in a deep and dark January !! Tonight im off too see The Book Of Eli with Denzel Washington and Elis there but Yum Yums coming !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Matt The Cat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Hey Tom,
Tom Waits has a cool part in "The Book Of Eli". Look for him as the shop owner. I love me some Tom Waits.

-MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby Yum Yum » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Tom Waits for no one !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Matt The Cat » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:16 pm

...and he won't wait for me.
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby Sad Cat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:59 pm

I can't afford the level of service needed for TCM, but did notice this movie just played yesterday. :mrgreen: Image
Sad Cat

Postby StL Rob » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:00 pm

I've seen some clunkers lately: Transformers....pure tedium, Transformers Two......purer tedium. However Inglorious Bastards was quirky as heck but I did enjoy it overall. I had to turn my head for a couple scenes but still liked it. Julie and Julia was very entertaining. Not a great movie....but very entertaining.....solid 3 out of 5....maybe 4. Streep's Julia Child was great and I learned something during it.

Rewatched Death at a Funeral......still hilarious.
StL Rob

Postby BFSD » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Went to see "Crazy Heart". Very good movie. I enjoyed it very much. I always liked Bridges. "The Dude" is one of my favorite "People" so I went on that note but the movie is really good.
BFSD

Postby Matt The Cat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:08 pm

On Yum Yum's suggestion, CCK and I watched Eugene O'Neil's "A Long Day's Journey Into Night" (1962) and LOVED IT! What a very powerful play and performance by all involved. It wasn't as good as "Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf", but it was great. I love films where it's actor vs. actor.

MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby Yum Yum » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:01 pm

An HBO movie is gonna lead the pack for 2010 as best movie and that movie is Temple Grandin with Claire Danes and Julia Ormond !! It has a great story line and terrific acting and it makes me happy that i have HBO !! If you dont wait to the video comes out and enjoy enjoy what movies should be !! I meant to say enjoy twice it wasnt a type o error !! Yum Yum
Yum Yum

Postby Matt The Cat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:57 pm

I just saw "Crazy Heart" last night, where the always great Jeff Bridges plays a washed up country singer. He does his own singing and the songs are great (most are written or co-written by T-Bone Burnett). It was a great movie and I hope Bridges wins the best actor Oscar this year. He's way overdue, in my opinion. The storyline is familiar, but this is one music movie that is very believable. It was really good. Go see it!

-MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby Matt The Cat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:12 pm

Shutter Island is the kind of movie that just keeps on giving. At first, you could dismiss it as a regular psychological thriller sell-out, but it's Marty's movie making skill that reveals all the stuff that's locked up inside it. If you half-watch it, you'll be bored, but if you really watch it, you'll see some stun...ning stuff. It's not nearly as "by the book thriller" as it appears on the surface.
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby StL Rob » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 am

Robert Duvall did a movie about 20 years ago called 'Tender Mercy' in which he played a washed up country singer. Is 'Crazy Heart' similar to that at all?
StL Rob

Postby Matt The Cat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:37 am

That's funny, since Robert Duvall is in "Crazy Heart" with Jeff Bridges (and Duvall even sings a little). I haven't seen "Tender Mercy", so I'll have to ask Yum Yum (who's seen almost every movie ever made)?

-MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics (Hot Rods etc)