78rpm Shop Opens In Pittsburgh

Records, records, records. Post your questions and answers regarding record collecting, my personal favorite topic.

78rpm Shop Opens In Pittsburgh

Postby Matt The Cat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:45 pm

WOW! This is just amazing! It makes me want to move to Pittsburgh just to shop at this store. I have to get out to the 'burgh soon to check this out. Read on.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10090/1046759-388.stm
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Re: 78rpm Shop Opens In Pittsburgh

Postby BFSD » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:22 pm

I use to go to this place all the time. Great guys and really very clean stuff. I guess the next time I am in "The Burgh" I will have to revisit.
BFSD

Re: 78rpm Shop Opens In Pittsburgh

Postby Wildcat Rudy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:25 am

I just came here to post the link to this article! :mrgreen:

I have some old 78s my dad used to play...if I ever make it to Pittsburgh, I may just drop them off as freebies. Some of them were "well played", to put it nicely, so they may not even be worth anything (even to resell). I had a couple of my grandmother's that were collectible, but even so, they're only worth a buck or two. (One is a 2-disc set on 12" shellac, "Black Brown & Beige" by Duke Ellington.) I wish he was around 20 years ago when we cleaned out her house--we had so many sets of 78s, mostly classical, and I ended up passing them along to other collectors just for the shipping cost.
-= N =-
Wildcat Rudy

Return to Record Collecting