Vinyl's Comeback

Records, records, records. Post your questions and answers regarding record collecting, my personal favorite topic.

Re: Vinyl's Comeback

Postby Virginia » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:51 am

Big Record show in Tacoma tomorrow June 5th. Vinyl dealers from this area are selling their products at the VFW 2000 S Union Ave. Can’t wait to see what treasures we can find.
Virginia

Postby Matt The Cat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:32 am

There's a quarterly Record Fair in DC today as well. I can't make this one though, but it's a newer, hopefully more roomy location. Good luck, Virginia. Don't overpay as many vendors are charging higher prices now that the demand for vinyl has gone up.
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby BFSD » Sun May 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi Prowlers. Went walking to the Donut Shoppe this morning. Happened upon a house sale run by two young ladies (late teens early twenties) selling off "Grandmothers Stuff".
Saw a small box with seven 45's. The "Usual Suspects" Conway Twitty, Gogi Grant, Dinah Washington, Nelson Riddle, Ect. The Younger Girls Says "You interested in that old stuff". "Yes" says I. "Good, cause there's another box inside the house that you can look at."
I took a look. Eartha Kitt "Santa Baby" in a picture sleeve. Other Earth Kitt in picture sleeves. Six Harry Belafonte in picture sleeves. Robert and Johnny Old Town 1086 "We belong together". Johnny Cash U191 "I walk the line" in the Sunburst sleeve, U269 "Give my love to Rose", LP 1220 1956 "Johnny Cash", CP 1339 "Songs of our soil".
Brenda Lee DL4039. Lena Horne LP Stormy Weather. Others in sleeves and great condition.
Eartha Kitt "Monotonous" /Alice Ghostley "Boston Beguine"?
But, the best, Glover Records, Roswell N.M. Real George and His Crazy Cats, "Never look back" / "Flip-Flop-Flop"
I didn't make it to the Donut Shoppe. I had to carry my "Old Stuff" home.
BFSD
BFSD

Postby Matt The Cat » Sun May 26, 2013 7:45 pm

That's fantastic news. Congrats on your finds, BFSD. That was a real good day. We need more of those.

MTC
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Record Collecting