The Juke In The Back

Chat about songs, topics and people you heard on XM Satellite Radio's NIGHT PROWL SHOW, Matt's other radio programs or Matt's current Podcasts. DO NOT post general topics here.

Re: The Juke In The Back

Postby Matt The Cat » Sat May 07, 2011 7:36 am

Hi guys,
I really can't thank you two enough for having "Juke" withdrawals. That's one of the biggest compliments you can give a guy like me, so thank you. I took a short trip to the UK for a wedding last week and that disrupted the production of new "Juke" episodes. Last week, I re-ran show #004 (Lavern Baker and R&B Baseball Songs) and this week, I re-ran show #009 (Deacon Jones and Fanny Brown as characters in song). Next week, I will re-run show #010 (Champion Jack Dupree and the origin of "Junker's Blues"). So, all of NEXT week, I will be working on a brand new "Juke In The Back." I like re-running some of these shows from time to time, because as you know, I put so much time and effort into them, it would be a shame if they only aired ONCE.

So thanks again for your comments and fear not, because a new "Juke" is coming soon.
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby RichZ » Sat May 07, 2011 9:31 pm

the audience is bigger now than it was wen you first ran Chmpion Jack
RichZ

Postby Matt The Cat » Sat May 07, 2011 9:49 pm

Absolutely,
I've got to keep spreadin' the word...so reruns are necessary from time to time. Thanks Rich.

Matt
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Postby BFSD » Sun May 08, 2011 5:24 pm

I listen to all the shows over and over. I think that I get something new every time I listen. I am getting old and the old shows sound new. I like also to go back and listen to the Cat Fight Shows. You can never have enough Matt Tne Cat.
BFSD

Postby Moondogger » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:08 pm

There have been no new "Juke In The Backs" posted to iTunes for several weeks. Has Matt stopped doing business with them?
BTW what a GREAT show. 8o) Love it.
We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing
Moondogger

Postby Matt The Cat » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:49 am

Hi Moondogger...I've been doing the shows like normal (you can check on www.jukeintheback.org to see and hear). I checked iTunes and the shows have been showing up for me. Now, I have it set up so that you can only download the latest (this week's) show as well as the demo show on iTunes. I don't want to make the entire library downloadable to the outside world on iTunes. Please let me know if you can't see the latest show, plus the demo on iTunes.

Thanks,

Matt The Cat

Moondogger wrote:There have been no new "Juke In The Backs" posted to iTunes for several weeks. Has Matt stopped doing business with them?
BTW what a GREAT show. 8o) Love it.
Matt The Cat
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Matt The Cat On The Radio